All sorts of randomness

So, I was introduced to this really neat website by a friend a couple weeks ago. Canva.com
It seems pretty neat. It's like the layman's version of photoshop. I really like the interface and the graphic selections that they have for examples are cool. I really want to make something with it but I don't have anything that requires graphic design right now.

Ok, enough about that, lets move on.


So, I have some questions.....I need to start freelancing. It's becoming more and more of a necessity now that a part of my plan failed and I find myself completely without any income. It's either freelance or get a part time job while I finish Flatiron's Learn Verified program. I would love to start freelancing, but I'm not sure where to start. While I'm probably not the worst person to do graphic design, it is definitely not my strong suit. So, when it comes to designing websites, I run into trouble. I know what looks good, but I often find it difficult to create something of my own that looks just as nice That's definitely a skill set I need to hone.

So, what's the easiest way to get started freelancing? I've been doing it off and on for years but still feel like I never started because it has never been consistent work for me. I currently have 1 client that I work with. I need to figure out a way to add a few more clients so I can get some consistent income flowing.

I suspect that part of my lack of consistent freelancing clients is some amount of imposter syndrome. I'm hoping that I can get a handle on it with some more practice/sample sites. That is going to be my focus besides finishing the Learn Verified program.

Comments

Popular Posts